Marketing Data Analyst
The Direct Resources Group (DRG) Marketing Data Analyst will be an important member of the DRG Agency team. This position is responsible for providing program analytics to support verticals such as insurance, financial services, technology, publications and not-for-profits. The individual in this position will be responsible for analyzing the results of direct marketing response programs including direct mail, email, and other online media with a focus on dashboard reporting to drive insights and strategy.
The candidate must have strong analytical and communication skills. Database expertise (relational structures, loading data, querying, etc.); facility in querying languages; the ability to understand, implement, and manage APIs; experience and comfort with Tableau; as well as some familiarity with campaign management tools and analytics applications such as SAS.
Formed in Seattle in 1993, Direct Resources Group is a direct marketing agency focusing on lead generation, customer acquisition, cross-sell marketing, membership, and fundraising. We transform ideas into strategic campaigns that sell.
- Track and report performance of direct marketing campaigns: direct mail, email, and web channels.
- Identify, extract, and determine the key characteristics of market segments from clients’ CRM systems to help DRG develop actionable opportunities for future campaigns.
- Build out measurement capabilities using business intelligence and data visualization tools (in particular, Tableau) and represent results in easy-to-understand, interactive dashboards where appropriate.
- Suggest and develop test-and-learn strategies that advance our clients’ marketing understanding to help them efficiently and effectively achieve their business goals.
- Support the expansion and growth of DRG’s analytic capabilities by developing on-going familiarity with current developments in CRM, campaign management, marketing automation, and data analytics.
- Evaluate on-line marketing influence and impact by tying customer/prospect web behavior to specific marketing initiatives.
List Targeting and Database Management
- Utilize CRM data to identify and select appropriate audience segments for marketing communications.
- Ensure data validity and work with systems partners to promote data hygiene.
- Leverage BI tools to refine target audiences.
- Provide technical solutions for additional intelligence/targeting (e.g., data appends, hygiene, suppression rules, preference centers, subscription management, etc.)
- Work with DRG marketing team to understand and apply segmentation for campaign targeting.
- Manage campaign targeting, audit, testing, and approval of campaign counts.
- Work with fellow team members to develop and adhere to marketing communication best practices.
- Work with DRG team to identify and define strategic analytical and reporting requests.
- Extract, massage, and maintain campaign files and associated data extracts for a variety of analyses.
- Coordinate with fellow team members to share and prioritize the workload and identify any scheduling conflicts for client deliverables.
- Candidate should be able to take responsibility for many analytical projects from start to finish
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills.
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) required. Degree in business, database marketing, analytics, or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a business environment doing reporting, analytics and related processes.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Understanding of relational databases.
- Experience in establishing testing scenarios; familiarity with multi-variate testing.
- Experienced working with BI tools, in particular, Tableau.
- Comfortable working with campaign management tools.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively, stay organized, and create actionable insights.
- Team player, flexible, fast learner, and able to work with a high-performing internal and external team of marketers.
- Fluency in all of MS Office.
If this position interests you, then please contact us.
Ideal candidates are passionate about client relationships, possesses a keen attention to detail, and can drive a wide range of direct marketing programs. You have the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
We’re always looking for master storytellers who understand the power of results driven narrative. You can envision, create, and execute exceptional direct response, email, and digital creative.
Graphic designers with strong design aesthetics and in-house agency experience are always welcomed. As a member of the DRG team you will create and execute exceptional design approaches that support strategic targeting and messaging.
If any of these sound like you, then please contact us.